A little about Stacy Valdez
· She’s one of those mover and shaker people who likes to get things done
· She’s lived in the Chaska/Carver area for about 13 years
· She’s a native Minnesota girl who grew up in Apple Valley
· Most importantly, she’s a great mom to Sydney ( 21) and Jack ( 10)
Why were/are you so involved and invested in the our building campaign “Ignite the Light”?
· I was excited about the team of talented people on the campaign team
· Kevin asked me and then I got excited about the mission and vision for our building
· My role was the event planner for major programming for the committee
· I wanted to give financially because it’s time to have a physical home and presence in our community
I am looking forward to a building because
· It will bring growth to our church when we can have a 24-7 presence in our community
· Our efforts and intensity spent now on set-up and tear-down can be spent in more valuable ways
· In children’s where I am very involved we can do activities and have supplies without having to worry about playdough or other supplies freezing in the trailers or a classroom teacher who is upset the desks aren’t exactly in the same spot as when we arrived.
· And we can have a home base for our special events like movie night, nerf wars, VBS, pumpkin give away so our community can associate and connect with our Westbrook Church community